Stay Healthy Amid the Fears of Coronavirus
Anxiety is running high right now with the fear of getting sick from coronavirus. The best way to deal with this worry is to have a plan and stick to it. We wanted to share our updated policies with this new threat to help keep our community safe. In the past we have encouraged patients to come in when they are sick as there is a lot that acupuncture and herbs can do for colds. Now we would prefer if patients took extra caution and stayed home, instead please call us if you are concerned about any cold or flu symptoms you have. If you are sick, we are happy to do herbal phone consults and have herbs delivered to you directly if you need them. In China, the hospitals have been employing the use of Chinese herbs to help fight the cases of Coronavirus lung infections with significant benefit. We have access to their protocols and are ready to help you with any of your symptoms should you need.
- Please stay home if you have a cough or fever
- Our staff will also take a sick day if they have a cough or fever
- We are stepping up our office cleaning policies to ensure a safe clinic space
Tips for staying healthy:
- Make your own spray-on hand sanitizer by reusing a spray bottle and blending 90% isopropyl alcohol with water in a 3:1 ratio and add 2 drops of dish soap. Keep this in your bag with you at all times.
- Use this hand sanitizer spray to clean your cell phone daily, and your computer keyboard regularly, as well as any other surfaces that you touch often.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds often – once an hour and more if you need.
- Get extra sleep!! Your immune system will take care of you if it has a chance to, and this means you need to aim for 8-9 hours/night. If you get less, try a couple 10 minute power naps during the day. Sleep is the best mode of defense that your body has because it allows your immune system to work optimally.
- Do a sinus rinse every day (this is also helpful for the allergies we see popping up already). You can add 3 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract to the saline water in your rinse for an extra dose of anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effect.